Refereed Journals and Conference Proceedings
- Brandon Corn, Alfredo Perez, Ashley Ruiz, Cagri Cetin and Jay Ligatti, "An Evaluation of the Power Consumption of Coauthentication as a Continuous User Authentication Method in Mobile Systems", Proceedings of 2020 ACM Southeast Conference, Tampa, FL, USA, 2020.
- Yesem Kurt-Peker, Xavier Rodriguez, James Ericsson, Sukjin Lee, Alfredo J. Perez, "A Cost Analysis of Internet of Things Sensor Data Storage on Blockchain via Smart Contracts", MDPI Electronics, 9 (2), 244, 2020.
- Vabrice T. Wilder, Yujing Gao, Shuangbao Wang, Alfredo J. Perez, " Multi-Factor Stateful Authentication using NFC and Mobile Phones ", Proceedings of 2019 IEEE SoutheastCon, Huntsville, AL, USA, 2019.
- Angel Robles-Cordero, William Zayas, Yesem Kurt-Peker, "Extracting the Security Features Implemented in a Bluetooth LE Connection", Proceedings of the Fifth National Workshop for REU Research in Networking and Systems (together with IEEE Big Data 2018), Seattle, WA, USA, December 2018.
- Ramon P. Medina, Elijah Neundorfer, Radhouane Chouchane, Alfredo J. Perez, "PRAST: Using Logic Bombs to Exploit the Android Permission Model and a Module Based Solution", Proceedings of the 2018 IEEE Malware Conference (IEEE MALWARE), 2018, Nantucket, MA, USA, October 2018.
- Alfredo J. Perez, Sherali Zeadally , Luis Y. Matos Garcia, Jaouad Mouloud, Scott Griffith, "FacePET: Enhancing Bystanders’ Facial Privacy with Smart Wearables/Internet of Things", MDPI Electronics, vol 7, No. 12, 2018.
- Alfredo J. Perez and Sherali Zeadally, " Privacy Issues and Solutions for Consumer Wearables", IEEE IT Professional. vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 46 - 56. 2018.
- Alfredo J. Perez, Kevin Arroyo-Rivera, Miguel A. Labrador, Idalides Vergara-Laurens, “HR-Auth: Heart Rate Data Authentication using Consumer Wearables”, Proceedings of the 5th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Mobile Software Engineering and Systems (MOBILESoft), Gothenburg, Sweden. 2018.
- Gabriel Bello, Yesem Peker, "A Bluetooth LE Security Investigation", 2018 Georgia Collegiate Honors Council Conference. Top Natural Science paper award. Selected among more than 40 papers submitted to this conference. 2018.
- Alfredo J. Perez, Sherali Zeadally and Nafaa Jabeur, "Security and Privacy in Ubiquitous Sensor Networks", Journal of Information Processing Systems (accepted). 2018. Outstanding Survey Paper Award.
- Alfredo J. Perez and Sherali Zeadally, "Design and Evaluation of a Privacy Architecture for Crowdsensing Applications", ACM SIGAPP Applied Computing Review, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 7 - 18, 2018.
- Walter Austin Hufstetler, Maria Jose Hito Ramos and Shungbao (Paul) Wang, "NFC Unlock: Secure Two-Factor Computer Authentication Using NFC". Proceedings of the Fourth National Workshop for REU Research in Networking and Systems (together with IEEE MASS). Orlando FL, USA. October 2017.
- Alfredo J. Perez and Sherali Zeadally, "PEAR: A Privacy-Enabled Architecture for Crowdsensing ", Proceedings of ACM RACS 2017. Poland, September 2017.
- Alfredo J. Perez, Sherali Zeadally, Scott Griffith, " Bystanders' Privacy ", IEEE IT Professional. Vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 61 - 65. May 2017. Highlighted article by IEEE IT Professional for May/June 2017 issue.; Republished in IEEE ComputingEdge Special Issue on Wireless and Wearables (Sept. 2017), pp. 39 - 43, 2017. This article was also shared on the official social networking sites of the IEEE Computer Society in Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Alfredo J. Perez, Sherali Zeadally, Nafaa Jabeur, " Investigating Security for Ubiquitous Sensor Networks ", Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Ambient Systems, Networks and Technologies (ANT-2017), Elsevier Procedia Computer Science, Volume 109, Madeira, Portugal, May 2017.
- Gabriel Bello, Yesem Peker, "A Bluetooth LE Security Investigation ". The 2018 National Colloquium for Information Systems Security Education (CISSE). New Orleans, LA. June 7th / 2018.
- Walter Hufstetler, Maria Hito Ramos and Shuangbao Wang. NFC Unlock: Secure Two-Factor Computer Authentication Using NFC . 2018 ACM MidSouthEast Conference. Nov. 9 - 10 / 2017.
- Gabriel Bello, Yesem Peker, "Security in Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) v4.0". 6th Annual Southeast Preeminent Regional Research & Creative Endeavors Conference (GURC). Georgia State College and & University. Milledgeville, GA, October 27-28 /2017.